Thursday, January 17, 2008

"I Write, Therefore I Strike"

The Missus and I have worked hard to bring screenwriters, writers, as well as their friends, and family everywhere, a way to show their solidarity and support. We have a whole new section at the shop dedicated to The Great Writers' Strike of 2007-2008, with the slogan "I Write, Therefore I Strike." Doesn't that sound like something Rene would've said if he were a striking screenwriter?

Some of the clothing costs a little more because the designs are printed on both the front and the back, this is a Cafe Press expense because of the cost of printing on both sides. This was also my idea because this way the message can be seen up and down the picket line, as well as any where the writer or supporter goes.

In effort to show our solidarity, we are also offering the "Value Shirt" that Cafe Press sells AT COST.

2 comments:

X. Dell said...

I hope you're not in trouble with the Writer's Guild for maintaining a blog:-)

Good luck. I hope you guys get what you need and quickly.

Writeprocrastinator said...

X. Dell,

Unlike Sy Sperling...wait, wrong joke...I am not a memember of the Guild and my screenwriting career has not only taken a backseat, but it's in the trunk, and gasping for air.

Nonetheless, I want nothing but the best for the screenwriters and every non-AMPTP person in the industry. Considering the money that the AMPTP lost compared to how little the writers were asking for? They are not only cutting of their noses to spite their faces, but they have thrown an arm or two in there as well.

It boggles the mind.